Sunday, 11 January 2015

2015....wow

I don't believe in New Years' resolutions, it is just setting yourself up for failure so why do that to yourself? Instead I think about making positive changes and setting goals for myself.

If I don't achieve them during the year, I look at them as something to follow up with at a later date because I am obviously not ready for that particular thing or I will take bits and pieces from those goals and make smaller goals. At least then, I don't feel like a complete loser who fails at keeping resolutions.

I have had a year full of many ups and downs, medical issues and then menopause reared its ugliness in full force and turned my hormones haywire. I am surprised that more women don't kill someone(husband or Telus employee) during this hormonal upheaval because it is like a complete trip to Crazy-Town.

I would like to extend a truly heartfelt apology to any woman that I have judged as being "bat shit crazy" because she was probably deep in the throes of menopause and only needed a small push to send her over the edge into a tearful meltdown or a " I am going to punch you in the face because the sound of your voice is making me angry". I have had to become a studio recluse to save my friends and townsfolk from witnessing my absurd behaviours. It is like having your body completely turn against you.

How I plan to maintain my changes and goals thru these times of hormones and meltdowns is by keeping many lists and those lists will probably contain more lists. I am also making myself a daily work schedule because right now I can't remember what I had planned to do 2 minutes ago. This will include signs up all over my house to remind myself that I am on a schedule and where I keep my lists.

I think this could be my most challenging year to date. In case you don't fully understand.....
















5 comments:

  1. Welcome to menopause! I guess I am lucky because I never experienced drastic mood swings. This is what the BC Health guide says about hot flashes - "Hot flashes usually stop within 1 to 2 years but may persist for several years" - Two things wrong with that: they aren't flashes, flashes are fast, I think flush is a better terms. And, I do not consider 14 years to be 'several'. As I say, Welcome and may you be one of the lucky ones who fit the norm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the funny thing about this joyous ride, I don't get many hot flashes. I would take them anyway over the tears and emotional upheavals!! lol you are very right tho, "flash" it is not!!

      Delete
  2. I'm laughing so hard (only because I'm mostly past that stuff!) I can hardly key a response. I'd tell you it will get better...in about 10 years! I suggest leaving your Uzi locked away at all times - access should be VERY limited. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good grief!! 10 years!!! it is a good thing I have supportive friends because The Man sure doesn't know what to do!!lol

      Delete
    2. My Grandma and mom never did quit. My mom lived to 103 and my mom to 88.
      I don't have the upheaval but do have the urge to fling all my clothes off and run through the snow. I do not live in hope.

      Delete